When A Property Is Not Maintained And Causes Injury
When Los Angeles property owners and managers do not maintain their properties, slips, trips and falls can happen. Cracks, slippery surfaces, loose handrails and debris can all present hazards. If you or a family member was hurt because someone in charge was negligent, call us at Greenslade Cronk, LLP. Call 866-605-6149 to discuss what happened and what to do next.
Types Of Slip-And-Fall Cases We Take
Any time you or a loved one trips or slips and is injured, it’s time to understand your rights. We help with many types of injuries. The most common we see are:
- Broken wrists, ankles and hip fractures
- Knee injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Injuries that lead to death
We will pursue compensation for all of your medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional suffering, your legal fees and all of your out-of-pocket costs. In some cases, where the circumstances are egregious, we may pursue punitive damages.
Maintenance Issues That Can Cause A Trip Or Slip
Managers and property owners have a duty to keep their spaces clear of clutter and well-maintained. Many things can cause a person to slip or trip. Some of the more common causes are:
- Spilled liquids, grease or food in restaurants and grocery stores
- Uncleaned areas or store aisles full of clutter
- Slippery floors that have no warning, such as a just-mopped or rain soaked-area
- Lack of warning signs on wet floors
- Unmaintained cracks, potholes and loose carpets or rugs
- Inadequate lighting or security
- Uneven floors, loose handrails or loose boards or flooring
- Unsecured computer and electrical cords
Any time you are physically hurt while at a store, restaurant, hospital, hotel, motel parking lot or ramp or other entertainment, retail or lodging area in California, speak with us about the next steps to take. We are a partnership firm focused solely on personal injury cases.
The Guidance, Resources And Protections You Need
A case review with us costs you nothing. In slip-and-fall and other injury cases, our fees are contingency-based. This means we only take a fee if we win a settlement or a verdict for you. Call us, attorneys Michael Greenslade and Anna Cronk, to set up a meeting: 866-605-6149. Or reach out to us via our inquiry form. We serve clients throughout the greater Los Angeles area.